YOUR RELUCTANT SELF

YOUR RELUCTANT SELF (A MUST READ FOR YOUNG ADULTS)



We all experience moments when our reluctant self tries to hold us back or lead us astray without us fully realizing it. Recently, I faced same thing. 

Stay with me, 

My mum asked that I help out with some couple of work at home. That exact moment I was in bed, just resting. I wasn’t exactly sleeping when she entered my room and listed the things I had to do.

My initial response was that I felt weak, though I didn't truly feel that way at the time. I was so reluctant to get off bed that I had to tell her that. Later in the day, when I was ready to do my duties, I was so weak that I struggled through my tasks as the weakness I spoke into being took hold.

Yes! I regretted my actions!

****

Then, The Holy Spirit revealed an important lesson to me, that agreeing to the suggestions of our reluctant self gives those words power over us. It made me understand how easy it is to blame outside factors like God not answering prayers when we face some challenges, which is often due to our reluctant self that we allowed to take control. 

The Holy Spirit made me understand that even though I might have not meant what I said to my mum but my reluctant-self meant it and since I’ve agreed to it then it just had to come to pass.

Our reluctant-self has this strong way of holding us back and letting us go astray even without us realizing it just because we agreed to its suggestions and allow it have dominion over us. 

An altar that burns so greatly suddenly went off cause your-reluctant self made a suggestion and you gave in to it. Making you lose faith and trust in God. And note that, A fire dies down when we stop fueling it with faith in ourselves and God's plan therefore leading to challenges and tribulations outside the will of the Father.

A career that was supposed to have implemented great changes suddenly went down the drain cause your reluctant self made you stop, bringing thoughts of how others are better than you and you bought it, now your career is dead and you started blaming God?

Why sis?

That goal you wanted to achieve so bad this year that you’ve written down, why are you giving in to your reluctant self and stepping back from achieving them?

Many miss opportunities or see goals go unfinished because reluctance talks them out of trying with excuses like "others are better."

Your reluctant self will bring you those juicy reasons you shouldn’t even start now and then you’d easily give in to its suggestions. 

But do you know while we will all experience reluctance at times, we have the ability to overcome it by saying NO? With intentional focus and determination, we can reject negative thoughts and stay committed to growth.

We have the capacity to get up and face off this reluctant self of ours before it leads us astray. It all requires intentionality.

Be intentional about rejecting negativity. Be intentional about your growth. Be intentional about staying away from sin and staying closer to God.

Your intentionality and determination will push you into saying NO and not giving in to your reluctant self.

Get intentional today and don’t stop praying, there are some actions your reluctant self will push you into doing and you wouldn’t even realize the damages it has caused in your life but prayer will help bring clarity, exposing areas where reluctance has caused harm so you can make needed changes.

Again, let's be purposeful each day in prayerfully discerning the voice of reluctance from God's guidance. It’s not about laziness again, it’s beyond that! It’s your reluctant self! Pray for discernment dear. Our words truly do shape our reality, choose them carefully and walk in faith that your calling will be fulfilled. When we give reluctance authority through inaction or agreement, it wins. But stay determined to follow God's lead instead. Be intentional about your life positively growing and please don’t stop praying. 

Queeneth✍️

Comments