BEYOND SELF BLAME
BEYOND SELF BLAME
I feel like we've all been there, making a mistake and instantly launching into self-criticism.
Before, there were times I’d just blame myself for whatsoever mistake I made.
I didn’t want to know if it was caused by some factor or someone else. I’d prefer just blaming myself and feeling bad.
I will tell myself, “You could have done better” “You could have avoided that if you had chosen this way” “What is wrong with me sef?”. “Opeyemi, why are you this slow? You should have talked earlier”. Goshhh!
I will just confidently blame myself, probably that was the only way I thought I could console myself or feel better.
But now I have learnt to always see the best in myself no matter the mistake or challenges I face because I have come to the realization that whatsoever mistake you make, aside from blaming yourself, why not look at the brighter side?
Stay with me,
We ruminate on our own perceived faults rather than considering that many outcomes lie outside personal control. Those thoughts brings out that unhelpful self-blame patterns.
Why blame yourself? For comfort? No! That shouldn’t be. The more you realize that everyone is not perfect, the more you’d see the brighter side of every situation.
Seeing failures as learning opportunities rather than judgment days also cultivates a growth mindset. Don’t ask "what's wrong with me?" but "what can I learn from this?".
Focus corrective energy on solving problems and continuous improvement, not unproductive negativity. We all fall short at times, meet yourself with compassion as you strive to do better.
Stop blaming yourself! It’s not always your fault! Something are just bound to happen that way. God might even make something happen to you that will pave better ways or options for you.
But will HE be happy seeing you blaming yourself or dwelling on it? Why not move on and focus on the future. Your mistakes alone do not define your worth or limit your potential, how you choose to respond does.
I think it’s high time we look beyond just ourselves when reflecting on mistakes, and adopt a more balanced approach focused on growth over guilt.
Walk with God! Stay with God. I am sure with HIM by your side mistakes can be avoided.
Let your mistake push you to do better, don’t allow it push you to look down on yourself. Maintain a future focus rather than stewing in regrets of the past.
You are special and there nothing you can do about it. Remember, JESUS loves you! Stay blessed!
“I am fully ready to embrace the future, not with fear, but with open arms”. You can say this to yourself too.
Queeneth ✍️
Have you ever experienced self-blame too? And how well did you handle it? Care to share on the comment section? Let’s learn from you too.😊

Comments
Post a Comment